Privacy Statement Policy
Copyright aims to protect the specific way the article has been written to describe an experiment and the results. SeSTeR is committed to its authors to protect and defend their work and their reputation and takes allegations of infringement, plagiarism, ethic disputes, and fraud very seriously. Data protection legislation gives you a number of rights to protect you against an organization mishandling your personal information. It is important that you understand your rights and, in this document, we have set out what those rights are and how you can exercise your rights in respect of SeSTeR's processing of your personal information.
How we collect your personal information?
We collect information about you directly from your input.
How we use your information?
We are committed to delivering a relevant and useful experience for you. Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service;
- Process and fulfil a request, order, download, subscription, or other transaction;
- Offer your customized content and other personalization to make the Service more efficient for you and more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Notify you about changes, updates, and other announcements related to the Service;
- dentify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for the purposes of research, audits, reporting, and other business operations, such as paying royalties and license fees to third-party content providers, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, evaluating our business performance, or in other ways pursuant to a customer agreement.
- Enhance and improve the Service, such as adding new content and features;
How long do we keep your information?
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to finalize any transaction with you.
Sharing of your information
We do not share your personal information. We share only your name, ORCID ID, e-mail, and address in the article.
Accessing and updating your information
The Service may allow registered users to directly access their account information and make corrections or updates at any time. Keeping such information up to date is solely the responsibility of the user. Registered users may also close their accounts directly through the Service or by contacting the administrator. You have the right under Malaysian and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as may be applicable, to request free of charge:
- Access to and correction and deletion of your personal information;
- Restriction of our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing; and/or
- Portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
We take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction through the use of appropriate technical and organizational measures.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
Grounds for processing
When we collect from you any personal information within the scope of Malaysia data protection laws, we do so:
- Where necessary to provide the Service, fulfil a transaction, or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Where necessary for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- Where necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
- Where applicable, with your consent; and/or
- As necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our systems, customers, and users, detect or prevent fraud, or fulfil our other legitimate interests as described in the sections above, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.